Labels

Friday, May 18, 2012

Some pattern and technique inspiration


A couple of weeks ago I found these embroidery books in an awesome second hand bookshop in Canberra at the Curtin shops. The first is 'The New World of Needlepoint' by Lisbeth Perrone which is full of great pattern idea's and the second is 'Needlepoint - The art of canvas embroidery' by Mary Rhodes which has some fantastic idea's for experimenting with embroidery. 

Both books have me thinking of huge necklaces and patterns for the portrait I will be making for the show. I have also been really interested in Aztec patterns at the moment so am hoping to combine this all somehow!




(Illustration by Rob Flowers - Image Source)

(Image Source)


(Necklace by Tatty Devine - Image Source)


(Image Source)


(Liz Carey handbag - Image Source)

1 comment:

  1. I love all the pattern and colour combinations. Thanks Carly. Old books are divine for inspiration.

    ReplyDelete